As an Investment Manager and Advisor, Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) service is designed exclusively to nourish and flourish your investments through our qualified investment managers who take care of your investments diligently.
We will assist you in achieving the pre-determined financial goals including regular income, capital appreciation and capital preservation or even if you are looking to achieve a specific target return on your investments. Your investment portfolio and the asset allocation will be built as per your requirements.
Need for SMAs
The need for SMAs stems from the fact that people are becoming more aware of investment avenues available to them and there is a growing desire for investors to have a personalized solution to their investment needs. SMAs become handy in such situations where an investor is willing to invest a considerable amount of money and requires professional fund management, or advisory of the portfolio, based on the personalized risk tolerance and return requirement.
In contrast to mutual funds (which are professionally managed on behalf of many Unit holders), separately managed accounts are personalized investment portfolios tailored to the specific needs of the investor and managed by a hired professional fund manager.
Services Offered under SMAs
Al Meezan Investments provides high quality, customized Portfolio Management and Advisory Services to institutional clients such as: Retirement Funds, Charitable Institutions, Endowment Funds etc. and also to High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) under license by Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan. Our Investment Advisory Services include:
1. Discretionary Portfolio Management
It includes Portfolio Management based on Investment Objective, Constraints and risk profile of the Investor, and also includes Investment Advisory service
- In accordance with the formal agreement and Investment Policy, Al Meezan Investments has full discretion over the ultimate investment decisions and strategies employed in the portfolio of its clients
- Investment portfolio is professionally constructed and managed while adhering to the Investment Policy stated upon mutual agreement
- Al Meezan investments is authorized to execute transactions; buy, sell or otherwise trade securities and other investments on behalf of its clients
- Portfolio management is driven by the client’s investment objective, permissible instrument choices, asset allocation and other terms of the Investment Policy throughout the process
- Client has a dedicated relationship manager for portfolio and performance reporting
- While taking advantage of investment opportunities in the most efficient way, Al Meezan Investments consistently aims at providing superior risk adjusted returns to its clients
2. Non- Discretionary portfolio Management
It includes Risk profiling, suggestion of Asset Allocation and Execution of Trade (choice and timing of Investment decision remains with client)
- Al Meezan Investments performs risk profiling, suggest asset allocation and execute Trade Transactions. However, full discretion over choice and timing of Investment Decisions remains with the client
- The client may consider rebalancing option based on portfolio manager’s suggestions in the events of deviation from the investment objective and desired risk levels
- Al Meezan Investments also performs portfolio strategy review for its clients so that they may seek advice on asset allocation, changes in risk tolerance and investment objective, and other conditions of the Investment Policy
- Non-Discretionary portfolio management services are otherwise similar to the discretionary portfolio management services
3. Investment Advisory
Investment Advisory covers Risk profiling and suggestion of Asset Allocation only (choice, timing and execution of trade remains with client)
Key characteristics of SMAs
- Open choice of structure for the client i.e. Discretionary and Non-Discretionary
- Flexible investment security choices i.e. Equities, Income, Money Market etc.
- Portfolio management based on client’s specific investment objective(s) and desired allocation and preferences
- Professional expertise of portfolio manager to support investment decisions
- Regular performance reporting as per client’s needs
- Macroeconomic, market and security analyses as per client’s needs
- Fee structure varies from fixed to performance based, subject to client’s needs and mutually agreed terms & conditions
- Security & transparency- (Since funds may be deposited with a Custodian, such as CDC or a custodian bank, etc)
- All information remains confidential, unless information sharing is mandating by legal authorities