Meezan Financial Planning Fund
Meezan Financial Planning Fund is a Shariah Compliant open-end fund of fund scheme. It is designed to help you in achieving your financial goals in life.
Investment Objective & Philosophy
The Fund seeks to generate returns on Investment as per respective allocation plans by investing in Shariah Compliant Fixed Income and Equity Mutual Funds in line with the risk tolerance of the Investor. MFPF is designed to provide investors with a total solution, from choice of various allocation plans, disciplined investing process to automatic portfolio rebalancing (as per constitutive documents of the fund).
- Meezan Financial Planning Fund is Pakistan’s first Shariah Compliant open-end fund of fund scheme
- You can have access to top performing funds of Al Meezan, all having different investment strategies, through one investment vehicle – Meezan Financial Planning Fund (MFPF).
- No more worries about which fund to buy and sell, when to buy and sell, MFPF does all this for you automatically, and in a tax efficient manner.
- Periodic rebalancing to maintain pre-defined allocation ensures focused investment strategy eliminating human intervention.
- Managed by the only Shariah compliant Asset Management Company in Pakistan with a solid track record of over 24 years, and under the supervision of the Shariah Supervisory Board of Meezan Bank headed by Justice (Retd.) Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani.
This product is suitable for investors who are seeking*:
- A targeted investment strategy for investment in order to achieve desired financial goals in life.
- Investment in a disciplined manner through SIP, especially in risky funds and also having the comfort of not being penalized should they miss any monthly payment.
- Different allocation strategies that suit varying risk profiles
Risk and return varies as per the chosen risk profile and allocation scheme.
*Investors are encouraged to consult their Investment advisors prior to investing in the product.
|Scheme Name||Meezan Financial Planning Fund|
|Scheme Type||Open-end Islamic Fund of Fund|
|Date of Inception||April 11, 2013|
|Fund Size – April 30, 2019||Rs. 1,524 Million|
|Objective of the scheme||The Fund seeks to generate returns on Investment as per respective allocation plans by investing in Shariah Compliant Fixed Income and Equity Mutual Funds in line with the risk tolerance of the Investor.|
|Allocation Plans||8 Allocation Plans (Existing)|
|Objective of Plans under MFPF||Aggressive Allocation Plan: The plan will seek to provide capital appreciation by investing a minimum of 65% of its net assets in Shariah Compliant Equity Funds with the remaining to be invested in Shariah Compliant Fixed Income Funds.
Moderate Allocation Plan: The plan will seek to provide a mix of capital appreciation and stable returns by investing a minimum of 45% of its net assets in Shariah Compliant Equity Funds with the remaining to be invested in Shariah Compliant Fixed Income Funds.
Conservative Allocation Plan: The plan will seek to provide stable returns by investing a minimum of 20% of its net assets in Shariah Compliant Equity Funds, with the remaining to be invested in Shariah Compliant Fixed Income Funds.
|Minimum Investment Amount||Rs.5,000 (and Rs. 1,000 thereafter)|
|Management Fee||No fee if invested in own funds and 1% on Cash|
|Entry Load||Aggressive Allocation Plan: 2.0%
Moderate Allocation Plan: 1.5%
Conservative Allocation Plan: 1.0%
Other Plans 0% to 3%
*exceptions may apply in compliance with Offering Document
|Benchmark||Weighted average return of KMI 30 Index and Fixed Income/Money Market scheme as per actual allocation.|
|Tax Benefits||Tax credit (as per prevailing Tax Rules)* on maximum 20% of your taxable income or Rs. 20 Lac, whichever is lower.
*Under Section 62 of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001
|Systematic Investment Plan Facility||Yes|
Fund performance Highlights
|MFPF – Aggressive Allocation Plan Returns||-12.0%||16.9%||13.3%||16.5%||22.10%||9.0%*|
|Aggressive Benchmark Returns||-6.4%||13.5%||11.7%||15.1%||21.70%||7.9%|
|MFPF – Moderate Allocation Plan Returns||-6.8%||13.3%||11.3%||13.6%||17.30%||6.5%*|
|Moderate Benchmark Returns||-3.3%||11.5%||10.0%||12.9%||18.20%||6.2%|
|MFPF – Conservative Allocation Plan Returns||-1.6%||9.7%||8.7%||10.1%||12.60%||3.8%*|
|Conservative Benchmark Returns||-0.3%||7.6%||6.7%||8.6%||11.20%||3.6%|
|MFPF – Aggressive Allocation Plan Dividend ( Rupees per unit)||–||6.00||–||4.25||1.70||–|
|MFPF – Moderate Allocation Plan Dividend ( Rupees per unit)||–||2.00||–||3.90||1.65||–|
|MFPF – Conservative Allocation Plan Dividend ( Rupees per unit)||–||0.30||–||2.05||0.60||–|
*Interim Dividend for the period (July 1, 2016 – June 22, 2017)
* Launch Date Apr 11, 2013
Note: For details on Tax Credit, please Click Here