Meezan Gold Fund
Meezan Gold Fund (MGF) is a Shariah Compliant Commodity Scheme and the concept of “Meezan Gold Fund” is to invest in gold instruments in the most efficient manner, as permitted by the SECP and the Shariah Advisor.
Investment Objective & Philosophy
The objective of MGF is to provide maximum exposure to prices of Gold in a Shariah Compliant (Islamic) manner, by investing signiﬁcant portion of the Fund’s net assets in deliverable gold based contracts available on Pakistan Mercantile Exchange (PMEX).
- Meezan Gold Fund is Pakistan’s first Shariah Compliant open-end commodity scheme
- Affordable investment in the form of divisible units with low initial minimum investment amount requirement.
- Security without hassle of buying, storing and transporting physical gold
- An effective hedge against rising gold prices for long term purchases of gold jewelry
- High purity of gold purchased.
- A convenient means of diversification for investment portfolios.
- Managed by the only Shariah compliant Asset Management Company in Pakistan with a solid track record of over 27 years, and under the supervision of a reputable shariah advisor, Dr. Imran Ashraf Usmani.
This product is suitable for investors who are seeking*:
- Capital appreciation over the long-term
- A hedge against inflation or currency devaluation
*Investors are encouraged to consult their Investment advisors prior to investing in the product.
Note: High Risk means Risk of Principal Erosion is High
|Scheme Name||Meezan Gold Fund|
|Scheme Type||Open-end Islamic Commodity Fund|
|Date of Inception||August 13, 2015|
|Fund Size- September 30th, 2022||Rs. 701.20 Million|
|Objective of the scheme||The Fund seeks to provide maximum exposure to prices of Gold in a Shariah Compliant manner, by investing a significant portion of the Fund’s net assets in deliverable gold based contracts available on PMEX.|
|Benchmark||Combination of 70% PKR base closing price of physical gold and 30% 3 Month average deposit rates of 3 AA rated Islamic Banks|
|Minimum Investment Amount||Rs.5,000 (and Rs. 1,000 thereafter)|
|Management Fee||Up to 1.5%|
|Selling and Marketing Expense||0.4%|
|Systematic Investment Plan Facility||Yes|
Price Adjustment Charge (PAC) of 1% shall be added to NAV to determine Offer Price, and 1% shall be deducted from NAV to determine Redemption Price (Redemption Price also applied for Conversion Transaction).
|Fund Performance Highlights||FY22||FY21||FY20||FY19||FY18||FY17||FY16|
|MGF Dividend (Rupees per unit)||0.50||–||–||5.90%||–||–||0.70*|
*Interim Dividend for the period (August 13, 2015 – June 23, 2016), 322 Days of operations