Meezan Asset Allocation Fund
Meezan Asset Allocation Fund (MAAF) is a Shariah Compliant Asset Allocation Scheme. It is designed to help investors build wealth by long-term capital appreciation, diversification across asset classes and the flexibility to change investment portfolio exposure as per the outlook.
Investment Objective & Philosophy
The objective of MAAF is to earn a potentially high return through asset allocation between Shariah Compliant Equity, Fixed Income and Money Market Instruments based on the fund manager’s view on macroeconomic outlook of such asset classes.
- Meezan Asset Allocation Fund is Shariah Compliant open-end Asset Allocation scheme
- Strategy reflective of investor’s risk appetite as market conditions change
- Up to 90% equity participation is possible, based on fund manager’s outlook on the market while also taking exposure to fixed income instruments.
- Provides investors an opportunity for long-term capital appreciation through broad mix of asset classes.
- Effective portfolio diversification through a single investment scheme may provide long-term investors with lower overall portfolio volatility and better risk-adjusted returns.
- Ability to maintain the asset allocation by continuous rebalancing.
- No lock-in period and back end load
- Actively managed by experienced Fund Managers
- Tax Benefits as per current tax laws
- Managed by the only Shariah compliant Asset Management Company in Pakistan with a solid track record of over 26 years, and under the supervision of the Shariah Supervisory Board of Meezan Bank headed by Justice (Retd.) Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani
This product is suitable for investors who are seeking*:
- Allocation of funds in both risky and non-risky assets, with an assurance that the Fund manager shall actively allocate assets between the two classes as per outlook.
- Capital appreciation over the long term.
- Diversification by combining various asset classes in their overall investment portfolio
Note: High Risk means Risk of Principal Erosion is High
*Investors are encouraged to consult their Investment advisors prior to investing in the product.
|Scheme Name||Meezan Asset Allocation Fund|
|Scheme Type||Open-end Islamic Asset Allocation Fund|
|Date of Inception||April 18, 2016|
|Fund Size- June 30, 2021||Rs. 1.67 Billion|
|Objective of the scheme||The Fund seeks to earn a potentially high return through asset allocation between Shariah Compliant Equity, Fixed Income, Money Market and any other Shariah Compliant instrument.|
|Benchmark||Weighted average return of KMI-30 Index and Fixed Income/Money Market Scheme as per actual Allocation.|
|Minimum Investment Amount||Rs.5,000 (and Rs. 1,000 thereafter)|
|Selling and Marketing Expense||0.4%|
|Tax Benefits||Tax credit (as per prevailing Tax Rules)* on maximum 20% of your taxable income or Rs. 20 Lac, whichever is lower.
*Under Section 62 of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001
|Systematic Investment Plan Facility||Yes|
|Fund Performance Highlights||FY21||FY20||FY19||FY18||FY17||FY16|
|MAAF Dividend (Rupees per unit)||–||1.1765||–||–||9.50*||0.32*|
*Interim Dividend for the period (July 1, 2016 – June 22, 2017)